Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2017/05/17

Contact Me! (If you REALLY need to)

A recent comment from Schlomi Fish said:
Hi! I cannot seem to find any contact information on this page. How should I contact you?
And then linked to a FAQ entry explaining his position on the state of email, comparing the futility of hiding addresses and the benefits of being open.

I have to say, I hadn't thought about this in ... years? In general, I'm active on Twitter (@jacobydave), which is good if you are, but not helpful if you aren't. I try to keep track of the comments, but that doesn't fit every message a person would want to send me.

So, a friendly "Hey, you should put your email on your blog" comment makes sense to me.

But, adding more traffic to the mailbox that friends and relatives have access to doesn't. I'm happy to put up an email address, but I'm less than happy to make it my main email address. It goes to context; my coworkers generally don't get that one either.

I had a long, barely touched by me but used enough by others project that was R syntax highlighting in Komodo Edit, which is dead because it's now native, but the ActiveState packaging used an email address to set the id, so, I created rlangsyntax@gmail.com.

So, to the right, in a section called "More Of Me", there is a requested mailto: pointing to rlangsyntax@gmail.com. I will check it. Use it in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment