Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2009/11/24

Making Graphs with Perl and Chart::Clicker

The Graph


The Code
#!/usr/bin/perl

use 5.010 ;
use strict ;
use warnings ;
use Chart::Clicker;
use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series;
use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet;

my $pi = 3.14159265358979;

sub deg_to_rad { ($_[0]/180) * $pi }
sub rad_to_deg { ($_[0]/$pi) * 180 }

my @core = ( 0 .. 1_000 ) ;
my @sine ;
my @cosine ;
for my $a ( @core ) {
push @sine , sin(deg_to_rad($a)) ;
push @cosine , cos(deg_to_rad($a)) ;
}

my $cc = Chart::Clicker->new;
my $series1 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new(
keys => \@core ,
values => \@sine
);
my $series2 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new(
keys => \@core ,
values => \@cosine
);
my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new(
series => [ $series1 , $series2 ],
);
$cc->add_to_datasets($dataset) ;
$cc->write_output('graph_test.png');
exit ;

There's lots of ways to do graphs. The way we do some graphs here is to do a system call to R. R is powerful, sure, but there's no good way to set up a batch of complex graphs in Perl and send them to R for graphing. There are ways, sure, but not good ways. So, I expect to do a lot more with Chart::Clicker in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment